If you compare the Sony Xperia Z1 and the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, which one is technically the better phone? Is the 5.0-inch screen on the Xperia Z1 noticeably better than the Xperia Z Ultra’s? Which phone has the most versatile operating system? Find out which phone is better by checking the comparison below.
Sony Xperia Z1 vs. Sony Xperia Z Ultra: stat-fight
Here’s a comparison of these two phones. If you you want more information on any of the technologies that you see mentioned, click on a highlighted term to find out more about it. Or view our FAQs.
|Sony Xperia Z1||VS||Sony Xperia Z Ultra|
|Display||5.0-inch TRILUMINOS LCD||6.4-inch LCD|
|Resolution||1080 x 1920 pixels
|1080 x 1920 pixels
|Processor||2.2GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974)||2.2GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800|
|Software||Android 4.3||Android 4.2|
|Storage||16GB internal, microSD cards up to 64GB||16GB internal, microSD cards up to 64GB|
|20.7 Megapixels with Exmor RS 1/2.3-type CMOS, autofocus, touch focus, LED flash, geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization, HDR, panorama mode and 1080p video recording||8.0 Megapixels with autofocus, touch focus, image stabilization, face detection, HDR, panorama mode and 1080p video recording|
|Yes, 2.0MP||Yes, 2.0MP|
|Bluetooth||4.0 with A2DP||4.0 with A2DP|
|Size||74.0 x 144.0 x 8.5mm||92.2 x 179.4 x 6.5mm|
|Talktime||15.0 hours||16.0 hours|
|Standby||850 hours||820 hours|
|Extras||GPS/A-GPS, NFC, accelerometer, gyroscope, digital compass, stereo FM radio, Info-eye, TrackID TV, TV-out and Sony Mobile BRAVIA engine 2||GPS/A-GPS, NFC, accelerometer, gyroscope, digital compass, stereo FM radio, DLNA, TV-out and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality|
BPF Verdict: The Sony Xperia Z1 wins!
The Sony Xperia Z1 wins this match-up. It beats the Sony Xperia Z Ultra over 10 rounds (see below), winning 4 of them, drawing 5 and losing 1. Here’s a summary of where this fight was won and lost:
- The best connectivity: Comparable
- The best size/weight: Yes
- The best camera/video: Yes
- The best display: Yes
- The best processor: Comparable
- The best software: Yes
- The most applications: Comparable
- The most storage: Comparable
- The best battery life: No
- The best extras: Comparable
See if these two phones make our Top 20 Best Smartphones list…
- Sony Xperia Z1 vs. Sony Xperia SP – What’s the difference?
- What’s the difference? Sony Xperia Z1 vs. Sony Xperia ZL
- What’s the difference? Sony Xperia Z1 vs. Sony Xperia ZR
- What’s the difference? Sony Xperia Z1 vs. Sony Xperia Z
- Sony Xperia L vs. Sony Xperia E – What’s the difference?